Wednesday 19 October 2022

Masks

 A long time ago, well, the turn of the century, I picked up these Star Wars masks whilst on holiday in Orlando. I bought them from Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios. I got the Vader mask in 1999, and then the Stormtrooper mask the following year. 

Now, with the Darth Vader mask I disposed of the packaging in Florida, and put the mask in my hand luggage. With the Stormtrooper mask I once again carried the mask in my hand luggage, and had the cunning idea of putting the packaging in my suitcase. Why I didn't think of that first time round I don't know. 🤦

Anyway, they've been sat on a shelf for a long while just gathering dust. Every so often I'll take them out and put them on - I tried to scare my kids in their early years, however, because they'd seen Star Wars very young (gotta start them early) they were not phased. In fact they just walked up to me, said something like "cool, can I have a go" whilst pulling the mask off my head!

Anyway, here they are. They're in cupboard gathering dust, but every so often I get them out, wipe off the dust and contemplate wearing them for trick-or-treaters on Halloween! 🎃

Stormtrooper mask

Darth Vader mask



No comments:

Post a Comment