Thursday 17 February 2022

Palitoy ROTJ 1983 Competition Promotion Comic Entry Form

Entry Form for Lucasfilm/Palitoy Star Wars ROTJ 1983 Competition

Whilst rummaging through my comic collection I found this old competition leaflet. To be honest, I'd completely forgot I had it, so it was a nice "oh yeah, I remember this" moment.

The competition was to win some Palitoy toys including a special viewing of Return of the Jedi, the Rebel Transport and AT-ST vehicles. To enter you had to finish of the story outlined in the comic. I honestly can't remember if I entered the competition or not. I suspect I had intentions of doing so and never got around to it. 




Pretty cool, huh? I think so. I wish I'd entered the competition though. 

Value and rarity?

I've scoured the internet, and whilst I've seen a few websites on the internet with images that at first glance look the same, but they seem to be two-page ads from comics/magazines. I have to date only found one website with an another example of this comic/competition entry form. 
Difficult to put a value on it. If there were definite plenty of other examples out there then in it may be £40-60 ball-park. Certainly I've seen similar leaflets go for this type of money on eBay. Scarcity could push the value up a lot more. That's just my gut feel, and I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination so don't quote me on it. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment