Friday 11 December 2020

Taking the Mickey (Mouse)

I still get the occasional piece of Star Wars memorabilia as gifts, mainly from my wife and kids. Being quite keen on Disney too, the cross-over of the two crops up from time to time.

For example, here's a couple of vinylmation dolls from Episode 7, The Force Awakens.



Even before Disney bought Lucasfilm and started diluting the franchise, they were merchandising stuff via their theme parks. Remember the Star Tours ride vehicle? Well, here's the mug for the same ride, which I picked up in the 1990s. 


And there were action figures too. For example, Stich as Emperor Palpatine and Minnie Mouse and Princess Leia Organa. I bought these to keep nice, though I did give one of my kids his own Minnie Star Wars dolls. I think Minnie as Leis got buried in the back garden when he was playing one day, and Minnie as Queen Amidala is somehwere in his old toy cupboard.



Another nice Disney piece I have is this picture of Mickey and Minnie as Luke and Leia on Speeder Bikes. 


 

As this post was written in the holiday season (nope, I'm not mentioning the Star Wars Holiday Special...ooops), here's a few Christmas ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment