Tuesday 20 November 2018

Star Tours Starspeeder 3000

From the moment I saw it (whilst holidaying in Florida) I just had to have this cool Star Wars toy.

The Starspeeder 3000 was the ride vehicle on the Star Wars Star Tours ride at Disney-MGM Studios (now called Disney's Hollywood Studios). This simulation attraction has been at the Florida theme park since 1989, though in 2010 the ride was changed to "Star Tours - The Adventures Continue", which brought about a replacement of the Starspeeder. Out went the Starspeeder 3000 to be replace by the Starspeeder 1000.

Key features of the toy :-
  • R2-D2 SFX
  • Captain Rex Voice
  • Shuttle Engine Sounds
  • Light Speed Sound Effect
  • Working Cabin Lights & Doors
I think I got this in 2000 and it has never been out of it's box. The good thing is you can press R2-D2 through a try-me-type hole in the packaging.

I've been on both versions of the ride quite a few times (often going straight back on if the queue was short!)


You might need to turn up the volume up to hear it, but it still works! You may also hear the sound of my kids playing snooker in the background.....



No comments:

Post a Comment