Tuesday 17 March 2020

Custom Episode One Figures On Vintage Star Wars Cards

I've always preferred vintage Star Wars stuff to collect. I guess it's because Episodes 4,5,6 were such a feature of my childhood, and, let's face it, the films were the best too.

However, a fair portion of my collection is from the prequels, and these particular carded figures appealed to my vintage side. I found them on Ebay not long after The Phantom Menace's toy line had hit the shelves. I think it's fair to say the Episode 1 packaging didn't match up to the original Kenner/Palitoy designs. So, it was inevitable that someone would make these.

To be honest, I can't remember what I paid for them. They are quite well made, with punch holes on (2 with and 2 without the punched holes) - not bad for what were probably early custom cards.


So, you can see above the figures were a Battle Droid, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul.

There were 3 different designs on the back of the cards (2 figures had the same back-of-card design). I've also included in the picture below (sorry, blurry pic!) a Protech Star Case too as I've kept all of these figures in the protective case since I got them.

 

Finally, here they are in their Protech Star Cases.


No comments:

Post a Comment